Some tips to keep your holiday a safe holiday. Thousands of injuries are treated in the U.S each year, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
1. Children should not play with or ignite fireworks.
2. Always point fireworks away from other people.
3. Protected Eyewear should always be worn when handling fireworks.
4. If attending a fireworks show, respect their safety barrier.
If injured by fireworks, please do the following:
1. Seek medical attention immediately.
2. Do not rub eyes.
3. Do not apply pressure to the eyes.
4. Do not remove any object that is stuck in the eye.
5. Do not apply medication to the eye or take any medication that is a blood thinner such as aspirin.
We at Insight Eye Care hope you and your family have a great and safe holiday.